Thursday, April 30, 2015

In a nutshell...

It was only a couple of months ago that I turned thirty. And despite myself I couldn't help but feel that I have tipped myself over the peak and now it's a down-slope, and that suddenly I am bestowed with the secrets of intellectual enlightenment. That feeling of overwhelming clarity lasted for a few days post my birthday; and then I was back to what I was doing in reality - painting, reading, watching movies in abundance, filling my head with ideas from the chaos around me and reclining back to my solitude to execute them. But something stayed back from those few days of 'overwhelming clarity'. No philosophy, just experiences.

So, in a nutshell, it goes something like this:
  • There are far more important things in life to think about than security and stability.
  • That one impulsive step needs to be taken to see how capable you are and how infinitely your boundaries stretch.
  • You may have a number of dreams to follow, but until and unless you step out to give wings to at least one of them, you won't know which one will push you to go that extra mile.
  • You cannot possibly make or keep everyone happy.
  • You will be judged by many; to some extent, even by the closer ones.
  • Aloneness, as often mistakenly attributed to tragedy, is actually a magnificent self-discovery.
  • Mistakes are essential - glorious, small, whichever.
  • Take time to read, take time to work out; because you don't want to hit thirty with a rusty mind and pot belly.
  • Bid adieu to the emotional manipulators, nuisance value individuals and, to certain degree, the rhetorics from your life.
  • Good music is always uplifting (Ahem, ahem! I didn't mean Honey Singh).
  • Keep your friends close, but don't ever take them for granted.
  • See good in everything, and make it a habit.



~ RN